Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Movie: Rockula (1990)

Rockula Poster           
Director: Luca Bercovici 
Writers: Luca Bercovici, Jefery Levy, and 1 more credit 
Stars: Dean Cameron, Toni Basil and Thomas Dolby 


   This film is about a 300 year old vampire who loses the love of his life to a pirate with a rhinestone peg leg that kills her with a ham bone. Every 22 years she is reincarnated, and he falls in love with her. Every time the outcome is the same she dies. But now it's 1990 and she is reincarnated as a hot rock star, his only chance for a final attempt to save her life, is to start a band with his friends and become a rock-in vampire to win her heart and save her life.



I myself don't normally watch vampire movies but I thought this was a very interesting concept. A vampire in a rock band, this film was delightfully romantic and funny. If I had to rate this movie I would  give it an 8 simply because it's not a movie I would own. It was a good movie but it's only a movie I would watch once.


Please comment if you've seen this movie and let me know what you thought of the film.


Please be sure to G+, Share, Tweet or Pin if you liked this review.


No comments:

Post a Comment